The Fundamentals of Designing Art for Games (Enrolling for July)
An 8 week course teaching students the basics of designing art for games with mentoring from founder Rob McLeay
Enrolling for July 2020
Over 8 weeks students will take on the role as the Art Director and complete the following:
- Develop the game concept "Nuts!"
- Design the squirrels to collect the nuts
- Design the wooden vehicles to ride in while collecting nuts, the more nuts collected the bigger the vehicle becomes, so you will have to design add ons up to 10 - add items to your vehicle that could make your car go faster.
- Design a background level - Side Scrolling
- Design the Boost Mechanic - what would it be? If the game was underwater, would the boost mechanic be bubbles? Design a full and empty and write details on what a FULL boost can do.
- Create a storyboard of how the characters interact in the environment
Drawing + Creativity = The DRAW 8 Method
All students will get the chance to learn and use The Draw 8 Method. It's 8 steps that will make you draw quicker, copy more accurately, master proportions and supersize your creative senses, so you can achieve your cartooning goals faster!
Students will learn this method that I have been working on and using for the last 20 years that is so unique, you will never find this anywhere else! I call this The DRAW 8 Method. Every time you receive a project, video or pdf to download from my courses, I will use this method to help break down the barriers to drawing and being a rockstar artist.
I promise you will be blown away firstly by how quickly your drawing skills will improve and how your creativity skills will shoot through the roof. Once you learn the DRAW 8 Method, you can apply this process every single day to ever drawing that you do and produce results that you thought were unattainable not too long ago.
Monthly Live Stream Catch Ups
Once a month you can catch up with myself in a live stream event to discuss course content and mingle with fellow students. This is where you can ask all those super curly questions and or listen to other's ask them for you. I will be doing live demonstrations on drawing techniques that help you to become a more confident drawer!
My name is Rob McLeay but, my students call me Mr Awesome. I’m the founder of Mcleay Workshops a 20 year old NZ company that creates fun, engaging and inspirational cartooning projects for all ages